Photo rejuvenation is a non-invasive skin procedure utilising an intense pulse light machine (IPL). IPL differs from laser treatments as it offers a non-ablative solution to improving the texture, quality, colour and health of your skin. IPL is not a laser but a broad wavelength light that is pulsed onto the skin and can treat multiple conditions simultaneously; including broken veins and capillaries, redness of the skin, age spots, mottled pigmentation, benign brown pigment and freckles. Treatment can take place over the entire body with face, neck and décolletage being the most popular areas. We see hands and shoulders being treated also.
No sun exposure for 2 weeks prior, darker skins 4 weeks.
- Skin type 3 (olive) and above should prep on a tyrosinase inhibitor (pigment punch) 2 weeks prior to treatment. We would be hesitant to perform a treatment without this preparation.
- If treating rosacea, peels are firstly recommended to prep the skin.
- Cannot perform if pregnant.
- Have doctors clearance if taking medication which may affect the skin.
- Prep on zovirax for 1 week prior if herpes\coldsore prone.
- Stop use of Vitamin A 1 week prior to treatment.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for at least 1 month following IPL treatment.
- Use sunscreen with at least SPF 30 . Physical Sunscreens ( zinc\ titanium dioxide) with broad-spectrum coverage are best.
- Avoid heat for 24hrs- gym, running, exercise. Hot water on face in shower should be avoided .
- Avoid using ‘active’ products for 72hours (including aha’s, exfoliates, vitamin A etc.) keep your routine very basic with cleanser, moisturizer and Sunscreen.